Thursday, February 11, 2010

Raining on My Parade

I emailed this to Rouse's Supermarket today:


Hello,

As an Uptown New Orleans resident, I love supporting local vendors and getting good prices and that is why I shop at Rouse's. Unfortunately, the complete lack of customer service has caused me to stop going. On my most recent visit, February 9 at 2:15 pm, I encountered a grocery bagger that did not treat me with the mere indifference that I am used to from your employees but what felt like thinly veiled contempt. "Let me have your basket" were the only words spoken to me. I tried my hardest to be polite so that I might receive a half smile, but that was too much to wish for. What I did get was crumbled chips and smashed spinach. It is clear that the employees at your Tchoupitoulas store take no pride in their work. I don't know if better pay or benefits might change that but I hope you value customer service and would invest more in your employees. Until then, I will be trying my hardest to afford Whole Foods, where I know I will never leave feeling like a cloud of darkness has been placed over me. Have a good day.

Does anyone relate?  

No comments:

Post a Comment